UPDATE: April 11.
We met onsite with the Township Manager for Strategic Initiatives.
He is working on our behalf to come up with some solutions for our parking issues including:
UPDATE: April 28.
We finally heard back and this is what we were told:
- They were able to increase our existing parking lot to 12 parking spaces using a revised layout. (still waiting for drawings).
- We will now be able to share the 6 service stalls directly across from us which were originally assigned to the rec centre (terms tba).
- There will be no restrictions for our patrons to use the recreation centre’s parking (although it might be difficult to find any)
- The Township purchased the current commercial site where KFC, Envision Insurance, Hirame Sushi, etc currently operate with future plans to redevelop and increase the future parking situation. I can only presume this will take place once the existing leases expire.
- A sign will be erected on Fraser Hwy directing westbound customers to the back alley.
(this is their solution for taking away the existing left turn access from Fraser Hwy into our parking lot)
We are planning to meet in person again in early May.
The Township Manager did his best with what he could work with. We will continue to fight for the left turn access as well as additional parking options. The online petition will remain up and we encourage our patrons to sign it. We hope to arrange a meeting with Mayor Jack Froese, to at least, express our short-term and long-term concerns.